toonpk

webpage saving problem

Guest FirefoxRocks

In IE, press CTRL+S and that should bring up the Save As... dialog box. You could also try using Firefox or Opera, I think all browsers use CTRL+S (Command+S on Mac) to save the current page.

Guest FirefoxRocks

Does it occur with all pages or with a specific page?Is your hard disk full? Is the media that you are saving to (floppy, USB drive, etc) read-only? Did you try saving to a different location?

using Firefox, select File > Save Page AsNot sure about any other Browser, but they all have something similar.

I get the same error using IE. However using FF it works fine.I would guess that there is some script at work intended to prevent the download of the page. One that only works with IE.

Why must people be so hard on Internet Explorer? You can't neglect IE users because you don't like IE for the same reason that all web developers should make sure their site works in all browsers. It's no different than ignoring FF users.On top of that: some users, like myself, don't use IE. What they do use is a browser that uses the IE 'engine' with a different interface. Look it up, it's called Flashpeak SlimBrowser.