(self-study web development)egyptian

hossam youssef

Thank you a lotwhat will be the future of this carrer?
You must already have some notion of what it involves and what the career direction means, or you couldn't possibly be interested in it as you say you are when starting the topic. Why don't you give us some of your preconceptions, and we can work off that? :)Unless your interest in web development is merely as a hobby, but then you wouldn't ask about the career I guess... :)

It depends on where you live and whether you are looking to get hired fulltime by a company or plan to go freelance.As far as fulltime jobs the US is in a bit of a slump right now (at least startups and smaller companies that are affected by the downturn) and I would expect to see some companies looking to outsourcing to other countries like India to save costs. So all around consulting and freelancing are probably going to be a fairly good career choice for the next few years anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually i know a friend working as a web developer,he tells me the idea and some data about web developmentand after that due to some conditions,the contact between us cut,i study now my 1st lessons in HTMLi know iam beginner,and this forum mainly used by proffessionalsiam from egyptthanks for your timeand your advicesorry f i bothered u

Hi hossam,You're in a right track, I use to be like you before, no knowledge in language and scripts.Deirdre's Dad is right "Master one skill at a time before moving on to the next", I did this, I studied markup language like HTML and XML, when you get comfortable with it, then it's time to move in learning more language, HTML is like a prerequisite in web development. And by the way w3schools.com is the best reference if you really want to learn HTML.

Just as important, master one aspect of a language at a time. For example, I'll see people trying to learn how to use the XMLHttp object (AJAX) at the same time they're learning how to add event handlers to form elements. When something goes wrong, where do you look? These are both complicated technologies that should be mastered alone.

If you mean learning how they work, then six months or so should do it, if you concentrate. However you need a few years of experience before you can become really proficient.

Archived