Any problems with using CSS with XHTML?

Vyse

I was ready tutorials on W3Schools and they show how to use CSS with XHTML but say its not the recommened way and to use XSLT.My question is are there going to be any problems using CSS instead of XSLT with XHTML?Also, I just barely looked over XSLT, is it a lot better than CSS?-Vyse

XHTML is a language that is based on XML. XLST is used to transform other forms of XML into XHTML which can then be presented based on CSS rules.HTML is based on SGML if you really want to know.

Guest FirefoxRocks
XHTML is a language that is based on XML. XLST is used to transform other forms of XML into XHTML which can then be presented based on CSS rules.
XLST? :)

Many HTML authors have heard of XHTML. XHTML is basically HTML that has been formalized to the degree that is also valid XML. XSLT is a method of transforming an XML document into another XML document. You can transform an XML document into an HTML document for example. Using XSLT is especially useful for developing online applications. Instead of developing a server-side template engine, you can create a client-side XSLT file which defines the rendering rules, and have the application output mere XML. This allows great savings in bandwidth, and also saves you from the trouble of having to implement a separate XML interface for those users who want data directly from your site.

Archived