Goathland

holmedwa04

Ok, so here goes, I was offered some hosting space and couldn't think what to put on it. I pondered for a while and then ceased the opportunity to make a site devoted to my model railway. Initially I used a table based layout to get everything where I wanted it because I knew no better, but upon receiving problems I decided to go completely CSS based. The site should view at a resolution of 800 - 600 in most browsers however I think you need to be in 1024 - 768 to be on the safe. All pages should validate but if you do come across any problems please do let me know:GoathlandThats all that is to be said from me I think, so I leave it to you, ratings out of 10 are nice, and constructive criticism is welcomed! :)Kindest Regards Edward

Hi,Site seem to work fine, looks good, some typos like "compatable".
Thanks, will change that for you, working on a print style sheet at the moment, isn't working properly at the moment though! You don't know of a free text editor that has a spell chocker in it do you? I am using Notepad 2 at the moment and I like all of the features but a spell checker that just checked text and not code would be really useful. Do anyone know of one? I have heard of Notepad ++ but don't know if that includes one or not.

hi holmedwa04,I have recently installed notepad++ after you mentioned it! :) Well I am currently checking out the features, you can even record macros! what a joy! I will get back to you if I find the spell checker feature.

Sorry I still haven't got round to doing those spelling errors! Still looking for a free editor with syntax highlighting that will do spell check on witting and not code. :)I have got custom 404 and 403 error pages up and working now. Let me know what you think. You know how it works, to get the 404 just type something random in the address bar after the URL and to see the 403 error page try visiting either the images, thumbs, animations or cgi-bin folders.

Archived