How Can I Do Smtp Mail?

uaintgotthisid

I'm trying to do SMTP mail via a contact form. Thus far I have not succeeded. I feel I should try to do this with PHP.I can't understand how something so simple (Smtp) could be so difficult (Dmtp). I've tried using PEAR as suggested by some but to no avail. If anyone could suggest a resource, I'd be greatful.

I am very wet behind the ears at all this stuff I'm afraid.Here's what I've done. Taken out some reseller hosting with a company. Tried to use sendmail but they're turned it off due to abuse from spammers. Fair enough, last thing I want is a blacklisted hosting company.So they said to me to use SMTP. I assume that means they've set up a server? Or does that mean I have to create one somehow? I know PEAR is installed, but have failed trying to use this method, I also tried PHP Mailer and a couple of other scripts I found trying to solve this. Nothing has worked so far.Thanks for trying to help, you've no idea how frustrating it is for me being so ignorant!

You can check using phpinfo() under the SMTP property of "PHP Core". If it's nothing, then no, if "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 (the IP for "localhost"), ask your host, and if it is something else check whether that address exists.

Archived