<p> Within A <td>

dongna

Use CSS. First, zero your <p> elements. You never know when a browser is going to add some. Also change the vertical align in your table cells.

p {   margin: 0;   padding: 0;}td {   vertical-align: top;}

Obviously, if you need to add margin or padding to any classes of <p> elements, you're still free to do so.

Thank you, that works well.Of course it also affects <p>'s outside of tables. What is the proper way to zero my <p> elements only within certain tables?Also, in order to get whitespace between <p>'s within my table cell, I assume I have to "double-space", i.e. put <p> </p> in between actual paragraphs containing text?

I am still unclear how to apply this formatting only to certain tables. I understand how to use classes, for example p.classname or table.classname, but not in this combination case where I have td p (I'm new to using CSS for formatting tables).What I want is to assign a class to a table and have that table with no whitespace around the <p>'s.

Well, if you apply the classname to a table, you can remove the whitespace only for the table by using classes:This code only assigns the style to any <p> element inside a <table class="mytable">

table.mytable p {margin: 0;padding: 0;}

Archived