Html And Loops...

badrobot

I am using an html form and looping it with a scripting language but i want some of the "html variables" to change each time it loops....for example here is a form...

<input type="text" name="acctnum"><input type="text" name="itemnum"><input type="text" name="qtynum"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit">

I want to wrap the 2 of the lines in a loop so that it will only loop 2 parts of the form. So I use a scripting language (php) and make the loop.

<input type="text" name="acctnum"><?phpdo {$i++;?><input type="text" name="itemnum"><input type="text" name="qtynum"><?php}while($i<51)?><input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit">

How can I change the variables "itemnum" and "qtynum" each time it loops? shouldnt there be someway for me to drop the $i variable into the name="" field somehow? that way it will have 1 then 2 then 3 added to the name each time it cycles through the loop?

<?php   for ($i = 0; $i < 50; $i++) {	  echo "<input type='text' name='itemnum$i'>";	  echo "<input type='text' name='qtynum$i'>";   }?>

Having the whole string in double quotes makes sure $i gets interpolated. So I replaced your html double quotes with singles. You could make them doubles if you escaped them, but really, who'd care?

<?php   for ($i = 0; $i < 50; $i++) {	  echo "<input type='text' name='itemnum$i'>";	  echo "<input type='text' name='qtynum$i'>";   }?>

Having the whole string in double quotes makes sure $i gets interpolated. So I replaced your html double quotes with singles. You could make them doubles if you escaped them, but really, who'd care?

AH there we go I thought it was kind of dumb for me to have to end the php segment before i used html... I'll try it and report back /salute
 ?>

PS: I laughed when I read your sig because I'm re-doing a website right know and the original author could have used your list...

Archived