Padding Problems

justinbriggs1

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a padding question. I am creating navigation tabs with a hover effect, and I have added a padding of one pixel to the hover to cover up a 1 px border that I added to the top of the main container (to give a selected tab effect, I think this method is pretty common). The problem is when i hover the extra padding pushes down instead of up, which would be fine if the tabs were on the bottom, but they are on the top of the container. Is there a way to push the padding up instead of down? I need the padding to increase on the top of the tab to cover up that border. I'll post some code if necessary. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,JW

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a padding question. I am creating navigation tabs with a hover effect, and I have added a padding of one pixel to the hover to cover up a 1 px border that I added to the top of the main container (to give a selected tab effect, I think this method is pretty common). The problem is when i hover the extra padding pushes down instead of up, which would be fine if the tabs were on the bottom, but they are on the top of the container. Is there a way to push the padding up instead of down? I need the padding to increase on the top of the tab to cover up that border. I'll post some code if necessary. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,JW
Could we have a link?

I'm not sure of what the problem is. If FF, "Church Hill's" is above the "Welcome" and over the boarder. I can't find the id of home in the css.The text "We are Church Hill's " could use a left padding or margin.Content and side-bar don't match (but are close).If IE the logo is white backgrounded. The "Church Hill's only" heading is over the Welcome text.

I'm not sure of what the problem is. If FF, "Church Hill's" is above the "Welcome" and over the boarder. I can't find the id of home in the css.The text "We are Church Hill's " could use a left padding or margin.Content and side-bar don't match (but are close).If IE the logo is white backgrounded. The "Church Hill's only" heading is over the Welcome text.
The problem is the tabs, I need the hover padding to extend up, not down. You can see it if you look really close while hovering over them.

Archived