How About Localize The W3schools?

kogo

Hi, all,I want to check with you: Is there anybody who try to localize the w3schools? Some of my friends like w3schools very much, but their English is not very good. "If it is simplified Chinese version, I will love it more", they said.Yes, I am from China mainland. I plan to translate the w3schools to Simplified Chinese version. But not sure whether there is any copyright issue.Dear admin, could you give me your suggestion?

The admins (the only people with actual links to the original W3Schools website) only frequent these forums about once every few months, so it may be better to send an email :).

There would be copyright issues if the site were to be republished online in any other form than it is currently presented - if done so without explicit written consent from the owners. There is nothing preventing you from pulling the content offline and translating it - but if you were to redistribute that work in any form (even for free), you would be subject to prosecution for copyright infringements.As suggested earlier - I would highly recommend contacting the owners of the site to communicate your intent. Be patient, they have more going on in their life, so do not be surprised if it takes a while for them to respond to your inquiry.

Thank you guys to reply this topic. As you know, I didn't intend to offend anyone, especially for the w3school site owner. I just want to help him to spread the knowledge. Maybe he can set one subdomain for me, such as http://cn.w3schools.com. Is there anybody know the actual site owner's email?
Why can't you use this?

Why can't you use this?
Being bilingual myself, I can assure you that automatic translators do not work. They say the craziest things. At the most it gives you a very general idea of what the page is trying to say, if you manage to decipher the meaning of the mistranslated words.

If you look around the site the, you can find their contact information:Refsnes Data ASRagnhildsvei 24311 HommersåkNORWAYtel +47 51 68 89 98 jani@refsnesdata.noHope that helps.

To Ingolme: I agree with you. Even we have translator tool, but it can not do the translation every accurate. Sometimes it will mislead the beginner. So we need spend some time to do the human translation to express the meaning exactly.To Skemcin:Thanks for your information. I have sent one email to jani@refsnesdata.no. I hope I get the reply in the near future.

Archived