Mappath To A Computer To Get File Info

Marro2

I am working with something similar to the following ASP example<html><body><%Set fs = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")Set rs = fs.GetFile(Server.MapPath("demo_lastmodified.asp"))modified = rs.DateLastModified%>This file was last modified on: <%response.write(modified)Set rs = NothingSet fs = Nothing%></body></html>What if the MapPath is on a different computer? What I want to do is create a form where a user can type in a network path (\\TestServer\Folder1) and get a list of files in that folder and the last time those files were modified. The problem that I am running into is if some one types in \\TestServer\Folder1 I get an error message saying that hte folder cannot be found. if I type something in like c:\test it works fine.I went into IIS and set the folder that has the asp page to use Integrated Windows authentication. Is the user account information some how not being passed to the computer that I want to get file information from?

ISTR that it is not possible to use UNC paths with the mappath routine. At one time I had a page one one server that I tried to list files in a folder on another server but it is not possible. If IIS is installed on the other server that you could reference a page on that one from the main site.

Archived