Attaching Downloads to a page

King_Karlssen

I asked about this a while ago, I need help figuring out how to make a download, I was told this

<a href="filename.extension", target="_blank">Download here</a>

But unfortunately that just loaded a new page and played the file! I need help to make it so the file is downloaded onto their computer, And its actually a colllection of files in one folder, I need all the files, (all .mp3 files)To be downloaded with one hyperlink, how do i do this?

most places will have a page that say, "you down load will start in a few seconds, click this link if you have any problems"and what they do on that page is code a meta refresh = 5; http://www.yourdomain.com/filename.extthen place a reference to that same file in the body where I quoted "click this link".The meta refresh will not open a new window and just go directly to the save file prompt as long as there is no mime setting that the browser will interpret as something it will load.P.S. Put all the mp3 files into a zip file and point to that using the method I describe above. I'd suggest including a readme.txt file int he zip file informing folks about any copyright or redistribution restricts that are attached to the mp3 files.

I'm still confused man, I need code. I dont know how to do half the stuff you said. Internet Explorer is my Browser, and if I put the files into a zip won't they be downloaded as a zip? And did you say something like I need to prompt it to save the file? Like javascript prompt?