Very stupid WAP related question

Fire Dragon

I started learning little WML,so I can put couple wap pages to my website.However I got very easy problem.How I can create wml documents?I tried with notepad,but created only txt file.Like this: test.wml.txtSo how I can create wml pages,do I need something special program,or what?And one little question:Do mobile phones support XHTML?I think so,but I can't be sure,because my phone supports HTML and PHP too. :) Thanks for help.PS:Do anyone know,do Geocities support wml,or xhtml?I can't find information about this on their site.

To save any king of "special" file in notepad, all you need to do is select it to show all files instead of *.txt files only and enter your file's name with a ".wml" suffix.No. You don't need something special for creating *.wml pages, but it is better if you have some (for tag colouring purposes for starters...).Most (all?) new phones support XHTML 1.0 strict. In fact, if you have heard of CSS media types, you have probably noticed "handled". This is used for handled devices such as PDAs and cell phones. If you use a specific stylesheet optimized for handled devices' needs and another for computer screens, your page(s) should look good in both kind of devices.You can use any server side to generate content. The client (in this case- cell phone) is not requred to have a support for that language. It all depends on the server (this applyes to all other king of devices as well).However, old phones (still used by a large number of people) support only WAP, so having both XHTML strict page optimized with a CSS for handled devices and WML pages is the best solution.Geocities, as far as I know accept all kinds of files but don't have any "special" support for them (such as server side scripting). A *.wml file is not a server side script, so there's no reason not to be supported. If it's not- there are always other free hosts you know. ALL of them support *.wml scince uploading a *.wml is equvalent to uploading a plain text file (the server doesn't treat it like anything special).

Okay,but when I tested one of w3schools's example,pasted it to notepad,and saved test.wml ,it became txt file.Like this:test.wml.txtI know how save html files,and such,but with .wml ,it only creates .txt file.Or is it so,that it works still with cellphones,even it is like txt?I mean,that my computer don't notice that it is wml file,and thinks it is txt file.

Did you at least tryed to manually remove the txt and leave only the wml? If notepad makes this bug(cause if you have folloed the above path and it doesn't work, that is a bug) you can always make "raw" filename changes :) .

Yes,but it is in my computer text file named test.wml.And when I right click it,and check it features,there reads text file.So if I change name,it doesn't do anything.However,in my geocities account,I copied that file,and gave name test.wml,and it saved it to wml format.Last I tested it,and it was real wml file.So I got it work now.However,it would be more easy,if I can create wmls straightly,but this way only works.Hey!Now it works!It was probably temporary bug.Yippee!And thanks for help!