"mail To" Help

bobsmith814

While creating my company's website (jobs page) I created a "mail to" form that links the job title to an email client with a subject line tailored for each position. The link is working properly, opening the email client with the appropriate mail to address and subject line. Here's a sample of the code I'm using <a href="mailto:info@ourwebsite.com?subject=Submitting%20Resume%20for%20job%20title%20number%20one"> The problem is that the new link is adding 2 characters ('>) to the beginning of each job title, and is viewable online, but not on my web design software. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Can you show us the rest of the code? At least the complete anchor element.By the way, it is not such a good idea to use the mailto: pseudo-protocol as it is clumsy and inconvenient for the client. If possible, a server-side solution (such as the use of PHP's mail() function) would be better.

Here is the entire code, unedited <a href="mailto:info@translink.net?subject=Submitting Resume for SAP SCM Program Manager">If you go to www.translink.net and click on the "Current Listings" page, you'll see the two characters ('>) that keep appearing before the job titles. Our website was built on Avanquest's Web Easy Professional 7; and to create the mailto form, I am highlighted each job title and creating a custom mailto script for each position. Sounds easy enough, and again, the link works properly, but those added characters lead me to believe there something wrong with the code. Thanks in advance for your help.

Can you show us the rest of the code? At least the complete anchor element.By the way, it is not such a good idea to use the mailto: pseudo-protocol as it is clumsy and inconvenient for the client. If possible, a server-side solution (such as the use of PHP's mail() function) would be better.

Here is the actual code:<div><a href="mailto:info@translink.net?subject=Submitting Resume for SAP SCM Assoc Partner">'>SAP SCM Assoc. Partner</a></div> See the extra '> in there ? That is the cause. It is part of the display string.PS - I agree that you should use the php mail function instead of mailto:

Archived