Password Handling

justinbriggs1

Maybe someone can help me out with a login I would like to add to my site. I am adding a small CMS so the user can upload pictures and change text after logging in to a private admin page. But I'm not exactly sure how to properly authenticate them since SSL is not enabled on the server. It's not really a big deal, I don't think anyone would want to eavesdrop the connection just to mess with a small site, but nevertheless I'd like to offer at least some security. Any thoughts?JW

I have just finished something you are looking for that uses a csv file.I also have one that works wiht html/JS.If you will, contact me in my CHATI can show then how it works and change the code I have to your wish(es).Ofcourse you can also use PHP/(my)SQL for it, but I do not know SQL.I just started to learn PHP.

Your application froze my browser, Ache (even with JS disabled!)There is no real way to encrypt data being transferred without using SSL. But don't worry, it is not that easy to pick up meaningful information from interception either...

Archived