Website Layout Suggestions...

clonetrooper9494

I have come a long way in my opinion from my original site. I actually made a layout I liked, and then sped through making an account system. So now, I have redone my website(switched domains/hosts) and now I want to know your opinions on my new layout.My site is now here: http://clonedrone.com/ and I wanted to try out a new idea of a floating menu, but it only floats on a page with a scroll bar. so go here to see the menu in action: http://clonedrone.com/~clonetrooper9494/blog.htmlWhat do you think of the new menu? Is it too distracting to have those bars at the top and bottom of the window? What color suggestions do you guys have?

Problem solved.I was just testing out a long blog post to make sure that overflowing worked correctly. I might remove the overflowing because I takes something away from the post, what about the borders? are they ok?

That's quite good but you can do better !In your style, when you can change 0px by 0 because 0px, 0em, 0% are equal. That isn't important but I prefer say it.About your menu, to my mind, you should use a list tag(s). With this solution, the span is useless because you just have to define ul and li.About the layout, :) (this is the main subject), I don't like the horizontal scrollbar... but it is good. What colours will you use ? I ask the question because the colours and how you will use them can improve or not the result.

:) horizontal scroll bar? Are you using a mac or are the blog posts to wide? I will change the 0px to 0 when I can.is my site too blan looking? I have blue links... :)but I feel as though it needs more though.

I'll add some color, and un-widen(new word!) the blog posts.Oh, the dreaded IE - when I use IE to view my site, the Header and Footer don't work...I also changed all of the lengths from px to %s so now the page will work better on all OS'sAnd about colors, you said converting the site to black? I had that on my last design, I might do that again, but I don't know... maybe I'll add an option so you can switch back and forth!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived