How Get Varible A Value From Input Form

jawad hamzah

i have form like this <form action='page1.php' method='post'> <input type='text' id='mytext'> <a href='page2.php?var1=hello&var2=(here i want to but input text value ... How?)'>Go To Page2</a></form>I want when i click Go To Page2 open page2.php and print this :var2 : value of mytextfor example if i type in input text this word (Jawad) and click Go To Page then open page2.php and type in it :Hello : JawadMy qession : How i ger the variable (var2) the value of (mytext) in same form Notic : I know to do this by submit button but i want to make it by variabels .Thanks

you have to give a name to the input field, like

<input type='text' name='mytext'>

then get the value from $_POST['mytext']also you have to add a input submit, clicking the link won't submit the form

above i learn how i but text value in my varible by this code

<a href='page2.php?var1=hello&var2=' onclick="this.href+=document.getElementById('mytext').value">Go To Page2</a>
but i tray to put many values from my form's input but ???then i want like this :If i have three textbox in my form and i want to show it's value in three varible like this :<form action='page1.php' method='post'><input type='text' id='mytext1'><input type='text' id='mytext2'><input type='text' id='mytext3'><a href='page2.php?var1=(value of text1)&var2=(value of text2)&var3=(value of text3)'>Go To Page2</a></form>How i make it please ??

Use a submit button instead of a link. You can format the button to make it look like a link, but just use a regular submit button. This is exactly what forms and submit buttons are for, there's no reason to try and reinvent the wheel.

Archived