1st Site- Positioning Help

Dredon

Hi,I just finished uploading my first site.Yeah!! :) www.barbadosguitar.comI've been through a number of tutorials from this site and others, but I'm still fairly green when it comesspotting some errors.I can't seem to figure out why my page keeps shifting when ever I go from my home page to one of the other pages.I was wondering if this has something to do with my css.I started the site using tables and then read about using css for layouts, but figured I'd try and finish it first.Would really appreciate any help in this area and any other suggestions on the website as a whole.Here's the css

#tableLayout {	background-color: #FFFFFF;	border-top-style: none;	border-right-style: none;	border-bottom-style: none;	border-left-style: none;	position: static;}body,td,th {	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 14px;	color: #000000;	margin: 0px;}.subcategory {	text-transform: none;	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;}#tdStoreNav {	background-color: #000000;}.style4 {	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 16px;	color: #FF0000;	font-weight: bold;}#tdFooter {	background-color: #000000;	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 10px;	color: #999999;}p {	line-height: 1.7em;	text-align: justify;	font-size: 14px;}h1 {	font-size: 30px;	color: #FF0000;	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}

Thanks,Andre

Do myou mean that the items within the tables on your page are in slightly different posititions on each page?They are moving around due to the amount of content you have in different table cells, the height you have set for the table cells will have no effect when your content is larger than the cell.This is why most people now position elements on websites using css and divs with absolute or relative positioning rather than using the table layout.I wouls suggest that you may find it quicker and more useful to position the items below your menu bar using css as you only have a few items per page. Have a look at http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_positioning.asp

Archived