Page Layout Destroyed If Text Rolls Too Far Down The Page? (div Layout)

Morgan

Very nice. An excellent example of using CSS for a page design. I encourage all members to have a look at the image-less design on this link. Nice subtle use of colours as background colours to dress up a page. A couple of things:1. can the "breaks" be done using borders instead of new div's? Less divitis.2. using "spans" instead of H1 and H2 tags will affect your site SEO. What you have looks great, but semantically, the use of span for the Heading is wrong.Overall, 9.75 / 10.*edit*looks good at 1280 and 1024 wide, but the right column of text runs over the footer at 800px wide.Might need to clear the floats in the footer.
Thanks for the reports and the compliments, I'll still be doing a bit of tweaking as the final product comes online, and I appreciate the input. :) I've always been a fan of image-less design, as it leaves a lot more room for easy alteration down the road. The final product will have more content and will span further than the 600px height that I have the page set at currently.As for the breaks, I will look into making them borders, is probably a much better and easier idea.
looks good at 1280 and 1024 wide, but the right column of text runs over the footer at 800px wide.Might need to clear the floats in the footer.
Might need to clear the floats in the footer?What exactly do you mean by this? I'm not sure that I see what you're trying to say?Overall, thanks again everyone for your help!

Thanks for the reports and the compliments, I'll still be doing a bit of tweaking as the final product comes online, and I appreciate the input. :) I've always been a fan of image-less design, as it leaves a lot more room for easy alteration down the road. The final product will have more content and will span further than the 600px height that I have the page set at currently.As for the breaks, I will look into making them borders, is probably a much better and easier idea.Might need to clear the floats in the footer?What exactly do you mean by this? I'm not sure that I see what you're trying to say?Overall, thanks again everyone for your help!
Your #mainrightinside hangs lower than the footer (FF3.0.6). Change the height to 1% and you will see it above the footer, but it will be screwy. In IE6 it looks worse. Go to www.browsershots.org to see it. Change the width of #maincontentleft to 95% and it will fit next to the right content.

Archived