Ajax Loading Error

MinusMyThoughts

Hey, guys!I have a site that uses AJAX to load a video when a user clicks a thumbnail. I thought all was well (tested -- on my computers -- in IE6, IE7, FF2, FF3, Safari, and Opera 9.51), but I'm having a really strange issue on a client's computer:When they load the site, the JS is running: the slider works, and the video fades out like it's supposed to. However, the next video doesn't load and/or the original video reappears (this is according to the client).I was wondering if you guys would be willing to take a look at the site and tell me if you're seeing this issue, and if so, if you're aware of any way to fix it.The site is http://artistsnewmedia.com.Thanks for taking the time to look at this!-Jason

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for, but the site plays the first video through, then stops and shows the replay controls, and if I click another video it plays that video next. I'm not seeing any errors show up.

That's exactly what's supposed to happen. The error that I'm being told exists is that the video will fade out, but then nothing happens. Since I can't get the site to throw any errors or duplicate this behavior, I was just curious to see if anyone could recreate the issue or if I need to tell my client that it's his computer.Thanks for looking!

Clients never like to hear that their computer is the problem. Try to get the specs that your client is using, it just might be the specific version of IE or something, but at least something to look at. For what it's worth, I've seen 3 installations of the same version of IE (7.0.5730.11) behave 3 different ways on the same web application. Doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in IE..

Archived