applying fonts

mahip

hello all, my name is mahip and i am going to put up my first website based on graphics......however the fonts i am using do not work when trasferred on to another computer.how should i use the fonts so, that they work.thanx Mahip.

The reason for this is probably the computer you transfer it too does not have the font you want to use. If you are not using a common font this will be the case for most of the users that view your website.If the font is for headers ofr something you could make small graphics for this but if it is for the bulk of your content you will have to either use a more common font or look into some methods to embed fonts.

The reason for this is probably the computer you transfer it too does not have the font you want to use. If you are not using a common font this will be the case for most of the users that view your website.If the font is for headers ofr something you could make small graphics for this but if it is for the bulk of your content you will have to either use a more common font or look into some methods to embed fonts.

Aspnetguy , as you said , what the tag charset=iso-8859-1 used for :)

@ smiles - look here for more info on character sets http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/charset.html@ mahip - your font tristan is not a widely distributed font, that is why other pc's fail to recognise it, you could use a graphics program to save it as a jpg and upload that or i've heard of being able to upload fonts to a server, never used it though... check out this post.http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...findpost&p=9037