Frame Drop Downs Using Jvascripy

padmapraveen_vasili

Hi this is regd frame using java script.Please do help me.I have the header page with tabs, and necessary drop downs from it.but, wheni tried to use the header page in another html. the dropdown is not seen properly, it is not falling below the parent frame.i want that to be seen, as a free fall dropdown on to the second frame below.i think i havedescribed well....please feel free to post me, if i have not expalined the case properly..thanks in advance...cheersPP.<<<my code>>><HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>..::DropDwonSample::..</TITLE> <META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="EditPlus"> <META NAME="Author" CONTENT=""> </HEAD> <frameset valign=top id=frme1 rows="10%,*"> <frame src="SampleMenu.html" valign=top > <frame src="" > </frameset> <BODY> </BODY></HTML>

If I understand you, the answer is this: content in a frame cannot be seen outside of the frame. There are no exceptions. This is the rule.If your goal is to create reusable content items (like a banner that will appear in more than one page) you should investigate PHP include statements instead of using frames. The technique is very simple. First, you need to know if your server has PHP enabled.

Thanks..yes you are right.i want the top frame as a static page through out teh application.and the bottom frame with respective content.and this is a java application.we are not supposed to youe any other languages or sources out side teh project scope.please help...thanksPP

If you're using JSP, that has an include statement also:http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/syntax/1....taxref1214.htmlPlain HTML can't include a file. You can sort of include a file using Javascript if you use AJAX to get the content, but your users will see that as a delay between when the page appears and when the content gets filled out.

Archived