Crazy with insert

user4fun

for the love of god please helpI am going crazy trying to find information and they are all too complex for me.All i want is a form with a text box called email and a submit button //already created called NewsLetterList.htmwhen the submit button takes place the AddEmail.php is ranwhen the php file is ran it adds the email address from the form in a table called newsletter under a database called customer. //both have already ben created. ther is no username password, this and that? just a form, a button, and a table.\PLEASE IF YOU CAN DO THIS AND I AM SURE YOU CAN, HELP ME, i truly am going crazy?????

Thank you for trying to help, i had to leave it alone for a day so i can come back with a fresh brain.her is what i ahve in my php file ( sadly enough it seems to be all wrong)***************************8<html><head> <title>Email PHP add</title></head><body bgcolor="white"><?phpforeach($HTTP_POST_VARS as $varname => $value) $formVars[$varname]=$value;INSERT into NewsLetter(Email) VALUES($Email)mysql_select_db("Customer");echo "Record Added<br><a href=\"NewsLetterList.htm\">click here</a>to return to Business Information Control<br>";$query="INSERT INTO NewsLetter"."Email= \"".$formVars["Email"]."\","."Status= \"".$formVars["Status"]."\",".mysql_query($query);mysql_close($db1);?></body></html>****************************I got all that from different tutorials and sample codes, offcourse nothing is working is i am wrong.

<?phpforeach($HTTP_POST_VARS as $varname => $value)        $formVars[$varname]=$value;
I'm currently not too familiar for dealing with MySQL databases, so I might not be able to help you much with that portion. But the above part of your code confuses me.If you're getting a variable from a Form text box (the e-mail) you should set a variable and then write to the database using the variable. Set the variable like this:
$email = $_POST['textboxname'];

(this is assuming your Form uses the Post method)