Passing A Parameter To A Function

Krishn60

Hi Forgive me, if I am posting too many questions. I don't know anyting about XSLT and I am asked to do certain task. Thanks for your help in advance.I am trying to pass parameter from within an XSLT code to a function within it. I could see the value of @Comment in the "AAA" line. <xsl:template match="CartoonComment"> <xsl:for-each select="."> <xsl:variable name="wrkComment"> <--------------------------(AAA)------------------------------------> <xsl:call-template name="MODIFYVALUE"> <xsl:with-param name="text" select="@Comment"/> </xsl:call-template> </xsl:variable> NTE||<xsl:value-of select="$wrkComment"/>| </xsl:for-each> </xsl:template>But the value is not going in to the function. When I check the function it is blank at the (BBB) line. Can anyone please tell me what is wrong in me passing on the parameter.<xsl:template name="MODIFYVALUE"> <xsl:param name="tmpwrkField"/> <xsl:value-of select="$tmpwrkField"/> <------------------------(BBB)------------------------- <xsl:variable name="wrkField1"> <xsl:call-template name="SEARCH-AND-REPLACE"> <xsl:with-param name="text" select="$tmpwrkField"/> <xsl:with-param name="replace" select="'&'"/> <xsl:with-param name="by" select="'\T\'"/> </xsl:call-template> </xsl:variable> <xsl:variable name="tmpwrkField1" select="$wrkField1"/> <xsl:variable name="wrkField2"> <xsl:call-template name="SEARCH-AND-REPLACE"> <xsl:with-param name="text" select="$tmpwrkField1"/> <xsl:with-param name="replace" select="'|'"/> <xsl:with-param name="by" select="'\F\'"/> </xsl:call-template> </xsl:variable>.................ThanksKrishnan

It depends on your XML really, as you're setting your "tmpwrkField" with the value of the "Comment" attribute, on a "CartoonComment" element, like so:

<CartoonComment Comment="Some text" />

BTW, remove the for-each, will you? It's redunant, or wose - it may be the reason for the problem.

No, it didn't work either. My XML code is <AnnimateConversion Catch-up="N"> <Cartoonist> <Cartoon> <Cartoon Data Organization="IH" MRN="01-01-79" DeptNum="" CARNumEXT="5" CARDate="10/03/2002" EnteredBy="ZZ0006" Procedure="" Technique="" BelongClassification="BENIGN" OutsideInstitution="" OutsideDesignID="" Side="L"/> <CartoonComments> <CartoonComment Comment="MASS DISAPPEARED ^ WHEN ~ PUNCTURED | BY NEEDLE."/> </CartoonComments> </Cartoon> </Cartoonist></AnnimateConversion>My intention is to remove the special characters (there may be more than one) in the CartoonComment Comment. It is exactly how you stated. The reason why I used each is because Comment can be of multiple lines under multiple CartoonComment element.

Archived