Session Tracking with Stateful session beans

vijay1440

Hi! plz tell me the mechanism to maintain the session tracking of a HTTP client with Stateful session beans.I am with an opinion that eventhough it is a stateful session bean,I need to put the data that whatever i need to track of ,into that bean (using some methods)and after that I need to place that stateful sesion bean into the HTTP Session object just like any object. So i doubt that there is no meaning for the Stateful Session bean without the HTTPSessoin object. I also have so many doubts but i can be cleared only after these doubts are cleared.Please clarify my doubts,Thanks much,Vijay

HI,I'm not exactly following what you are saying or asking, but I can clarify that a web service, specifically, is stateless. So you will not be able to instantiate a session variable through a web service. What the web service can do is collect information from any number of places and then pass it to a server scripted pages (like, php, asp, or cold fusion) which can then create variables in the session scope.

HI,I'm not exactly following what you are saying or asking, but I can clarify that a web service, specifically, is stateless.  So you will not be able to instantiate a session variable through a web service.  What the web service can do is collect information from any number of places and then pass it to a server scripted pages (like, php, asp, or cold fusion) which can then create variables in the session scope.

first of all, thank u. my dount is as follows... can we avoid the HttpSession object's usage completely with the usage of the Stateful session beans? if s how?thanks much,vijay