Browser Emulator

shadowayex

So, I know there's probably one out there, because it seems like it'd be a godsend of a tool. But after hours of googling I've got nothing.Does anyone know of a browser emulator? One that can take code and emulate what it would look like in all the major versions of all the major browsers?The reason I ask is I've got a huge IT project and there's a lot of JavaScript editing different things and results vary greatly from browser to browser.My only access to a mac computer or Safari 3.1.2 is at work. My only access to IE6 is at school. Firefox and IE7 I've got at home, as well as IE8. I do not have any old versions of Firefox or any alternate versions of Safari at my disposal. And In all honesty I don't know what the judges will view it on, so I want it to work everywhere.Anyone know of a browser emulator?

I doubt such a thing exists, you can't really emulate a browser without using the actual rendering engine. I don't think anyone has made a tool that incorporates every rendering engine, it would almost be the same thing as a single browser where you can choose from all of the available engines. Keeping such a tool updated as new browsers get released would be a nightmare.

So, I know there's probably one out there, because it seems like it'd be a godsend of a tool. But after hours of googling I've got nothing.Does anyone know of a browser emulator? One that can take code and emulate what it would look like in all the major versions of all the major browsers?The reason I ask is I've got a huge IT project and there's a lot of JavaScript editing different things and results vary greatly from browser to browser.My only access to a mac computer or Safari 3.1.2 is at work. My only access to IE6 is at school. Firefox and IE7 I've got at home, as well as IE8. I do not have any old versions of Firefox or any alternate versions of Safari at my disposal. And In all honesty I don't know what the judges will view it on, so I want it to work everywhere.Anyone know of a browser emulator?
I've heard of IE emulators, but you might consider a partial solution.www.browsershots.org will accept your URL and echo back what your page would look like in more browsers than you can shake a stick at. You don't get the functionality, but you do get the look and feel.

If you need multiple versions of IE, google Multiple ies and you should get some decent results, but the one I am thinking of will only run on windows XP. There is also a neat tool called browsercam, try browsercam.com

Archived