Can Anybody Break Down For Me How Plentyoffish.com Is Created In Source Code

learnerspermit

Hello i was wondering if anybody could break down the website for me plentyoffish how its created i am asking this because i would like to learn how to create a site like this or any other dating site. I have seen the source code i just need somebody to break it down for me piece by piece. One of the things i am interested in is the box border thats on plenty of fish its grey looks bubbly and cool i was wondering how its done i have the source code for it but i want it explained more. I would also like to know if there is a website where i shows you how a site is created piece by piece. :) <div id="box"> <!--- box border --> <div id="lb"> <div id="rb"> <div id="bb"><div id="blc"><div id="brc"> <div id="tb"><div id="tlc"><div id="trc"><div class='tsbheader5'> <div class='tsbheader5a'><table><tr><td> <p align="justify">My name is <strong>Markus</strong> and this site is my <strong>creation</strong>. For over <strong>5 Years</strong> without a single employee I turned this site into the worlds largest dating site. Every day over 30,000 nurses and doctors, 27,000 educators, 25,000 business owners, 5,000 chefs, 2,000 pilots and 800 Architects use Plentyoffish to find love, and they are joined by nearly 1,000,000 others just like YOU!</p> </td></tr></table></div> <div class='tsbheader5b'> <form action="inbox.aspx#in" method="post" name="frmLogind"> <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 background="transparent" align=right > <tr> <tr> <td align=center> <table><tr valign=top><td align=left><input name="url" type="hidden"><font size=1> Username</font></td> <td align=center><input type=text name=username style="width:75px" size=8 value=""> <input type='hidden' name="c" value=""></td> </tr> <tr valign=top><td align=left><font size=1>Password</font></td> <td align=center><input type=password style="width:75px" name=password size=8 ></td> </tr> <TR> <td align=right colspan=2><input type=hidden name="ignor" value="yes" > <input type=submit name=login value="Check Mail"> </td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table> </form> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div></div></div></div> </div></div></div></div><p> <div id="box3"> <!--- box border --> <div id="lb3"> <div id="rb3"> <div id="bb3"><div id="blc3"><div id="brc3"> <div id="tb3"><div id="tlc3"><div id="trc3"> <!-- -->

I'm not sure specifically which part you're talking about, but all of the styling information like the background images, font colors, etc are in the CSS sheet. I don't really agree with the way he's doing it, he's using IDs instead of classes, but everything that applies to those boxes is defined in the stylesheet.http://www.plentyoffish.com/800p.csse.g. for this:<div id="box"> <!--- box border --><div id="lb"><div id="rb">Since those are IDs, the rules that apply to them in CSS will be labelled "#box", "#lb", "#rb", etc.

I'm not sure specifically which part you're talking about, but all of the styling information like the background images, font colors, etc are in the CSS sheet. I don't really agree with the way he's doing it, he's using IDs instead of classes, but everything that applies to those boxes is defined in the stylesheet.http://www.plentyoffish.com/800p.csse.g. for this:<div id="box"> <!--- box border --><div id="lb"><div id="rb">Since those are IDs, the rules that apply to them in CSS will be labelled "#box", "#lb", "#rb", etc.
You say that he uses I'd's not classes what do you mean by that. :)

<div id="foo" class="bar">

The id of that is foo, the class is bar. In CSS, it would be referenced by either #foo or .barIDs can only be given to one element, but many elements can have one class.

You say that he uses I'd's not classes what do you mean by that. :)
When you use "id"s, you must have a unique one for every one you use. Classes can be reused. If there is common features, use classes and reduce the size of the css. That will allow for quicker development.

Archived