Underline Menu- Why Is It Times New Roman?

mrkidd85

Hi, I am messing aroud with menus. I have copied and pasted a script from dynamic drive css library it's called underline menu. It works ok, but the only question I have is why is the font family times new roman, I have specifically said I want it to be arial, and I can't see it saying any different on the script I've just pasted. Here's the script, see what I have done wrong.

@charset "utf-8";/* CSS Document */body {margin: 0 auto;padding: 0;background-color: #C0C0C0;text-align: center; }p {font-family:"arial";font-size: 14px;font-style: bold;line-height: 1.5em;}#wrapper {background-color: #ffffff;position: relative;height: 700px; width: 725px; margin: 0px auto; }#header  {position: relative;height: 100px;width: 725px;margin: 0px auto}<style type="text/css">/*Credits: Dynamic Drive CSS Library *//*URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/ */.underlinemenu{font-weight: bold;width: 100%;}.underlinemenu ul{padding: 6px 0 7px 0; /*6px should equal top padding of "ul li a" below, 7px should equal bottom padding + bottom border of "ul li a" below*/margin: 0;text-align: center; //set value to "left", "center", or "right"*/}.underlinemenu ul li{display: inline;}.underlinemenu ul li a{color: #494949;padding: 6px 3px 4px 3px; /*top padding is 6px, bottom padding is 4px*/margin-right: 30px; /*spacing between each menu link*/text-decoration: none;border-bottom: 3px solid gray; /*bottom border is 3px*/}.underlinemenu ul li a:hover, .underlinemenu ul li a.selected{border-bottom-color: black;}</style>#main {height: 500px;width: 500px;margin: 5 auto; position: relative; } #main .subone {background-color: #FFFF00;height: 300px;width: 200px; margin: 50px; float: left; font-size: 14px; color: #000000;border: #000000 0px solid;clear: top;}#main .subtwo {height: 300px;width: 200px; margin: 50px; float: right;font-size: 18px; color: #0000FF;border: #006600 0px groove; }#dan {background-color: #00FFFF;height: 200px;width: 200px; margin: 5px; float: right; font-size: 14px; color: #000000;border: #000000 1px solid;}

Here's the pagethanksdan

Times is the default on most browsers. If the font you ask for cannot be found, Times will be used. This is why a better font-family declaration includes several fonts, as well as a generic default font. This way, the browser can keep searching till it finds on one your list. Consider this:font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;In your case, the simple answer is to capitalize the first letter of Arial.

You realize what you posted is just CSS, not a script. I don't know if there's also supposed to be a script with this. Maybe you've just used the wrong word. It happens.You pasted an entire style sheet into your style sheet, including <style></style> tags. The style tags should not be there.You only now mentioned that your problem was with your links. So I didn't look for that.The only font declaration I see is in your <p> elements. Your menu is in a <ul> element. There are no <p> tags in your <ul>, so the font declaration won't apply.You might give a font-family declaration to this CSS item: .underlinemenu ul li a {}If you want the same font family everywhere, you could use the universal descriptor in your CSS: * {font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;}

Archived