Access Astrological Data Fron Binary Program With Php

vbsouthern

I have a binary program (Astrolog) installed on my linux server (Red Hat \ Apache 2.x) that I can access with ssh. I type in the line-command ./astrolog with whatever switches I choose and it outputs the astrological data to the screen.Example Output:******************** START ********************astrolog1.gif******************** END ********************Astrolog 5.41 downloadhttp://astrolog.offline.ee/astrolog/changed/changed.shtmlWhat I am looking for is a way to access the output with PHP. I'm not sure how to do this. I have tried system(), exec()Example Code:

<?phpexec('/var/www/html/./astrolog, $result);print_r($result);?>

The end result being an empty array.I am new to Secure Shell (SSH) network protocol and I really have no clue what I am doing. I have done several Google searches on the subject, but again, since I have no clue what to search for my search results have been disappointing.Ideally the user would input their birth date/time and birth place into an HTML form. PHP would access Astrolog, retrieve the data, process it and print it out on another HTML page.I can handle the PHP and HTML no problem. I just can't get the data I need from the binary program (Astrolog).Any ideas, suggestions or help of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

I am an idiot, fool, donkey, dope, goose, boob, blockhead, dimwit, dullard, dummy, bonehead, imbecile, ding-a-ling, dingbat, clod, clodhopper, jackass, jerk, loon, mooncalf, moron, nincompoop, ninny, nit, nitwit, schmo, schmuck, simple, twit, half-wit, cretin, feeble-minded, mental defective, mentally retarded, simpleton.Synook, Thank you for your reply. I posted this question on several boards thinking it was an SSL issue. Now I'm going around apologizing to everyone for being such a dimwit as to not see such an obvious mistake. :) Thank you again for your reply.

Archived