AJAX section

actionsketch

Read my signature, and follow the about_helpers link. That link will take you to a page with an email to Hege Refsnes V. Please report this problem to her. Thank you. :)

I found the same problem with the AJAX tutorial example.The javascript console seems to gripe about the googlead code - but it mostly seems to be about things in the style tags.It sure was nice to see that the script tag used to include the external .js file had no attributes except for 'src' - way to set the example.I'm wondering if the problem in the end is not the javascript though. Not even sure if it is only in firefox. I couldn't view any of the tutorial sections using IE, so not sure if other ppl have the problem in IE.I ran the script at home and changed the server-side script to php, but kept the idea the same, and it runs fine. The only change I made to the javascript file was to change the "asp" in the url of the server-side script to "php". I also did add the type attribute to the script tag, but it works without it.So again, it would seem either the problem is with the server-side script, or there is some other script on the page causing the problem.

The AJAX tutorials now work in FireFox... although it seems it may have been firefox's own fault...???Following is part of a communication I a receive regarding the problem and its solution

The file "gethint.asp" contained an if test for the name of the referrerpage.Unfortunatly Firefox did report "" (Space) as the name of the referrerer.A Firefox error.
Not totally sure what the rules are for request sent by XmlObjects - not sure its very standardized. Either way, I know that checking for referrer is not a reliable security measure. I don't know if the browser is responsible for generating all parts of the http header, or if it is left to the coder....Anyway, it works for now..