Media Flash Player

pbifaro

I have a site that is using some flash that is not loading on laptops. I suggested that Flash Player be loaded on these laptops which I think is the problem. Is there an appropriate way to construct a website using Flash where Flash Player may need to be downloaded besides creating a separate site with html?I know there is a way to search the computer and let the person know that Flash player may need to be loaded to view this web site properly. But I’m not sure how to do this.Or is there a correct way to embed Flash files in a site so they load for all users???Any suggestions???ThanksPam

This should solve your problem:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="440" data="file.swf">  <param name="movie" value="file.swf">  You must have Flash player installed on your computer to view this site.</object>

This menthod will show the file on all browsers.The <object> element automatically displays anything after the <param> tags if there's no plugin found for the file.

This should solve your problem:
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="440" data="file.swf">  <param name="movie" value="file.swf">  You must have Flash player installed on your computer to view this site.</object>

This menthod will show the file on all browsers.The <object> element automatically displays anything after the <param> tags if there's no plugin found for the file.

Thnaks for your help. I guess the problem is an IE6 bug. The Flash works in all else but IE6. Is there a fix for this?ThanksPam

Archived