Browser Requirements To View Php Page?

snyderm

I just made my first real webpage using php. I have a weather station that outputs data as a csv file. I upload this file to my server, and created a webpage with php that opens this file and displays the weather information in a table.I initially had no problems getting this to work. But I am finding that some computers can make this work, but others simply can't. The information that is loaded from the file simply doesn't appear on some computers.Are there any requirements for running a php webpage from a client browser? I am at a loss to explain why it works perfectly, every time on some computer's browsers, but not ever on other computers. (all have internet explorer)My webpage just uses html that I made with notepad, with some php code added in to retrieve the data that I need for the tables.Does anyone have any thoughts?www.pctcommunications.com/ul.php

PHP outputs ordinary text and HTML. That is all. Browsers are not even aware that the HTML was processed by PHP. If the output doesn't show up correctly, then there is something wrong with the HTML the script produces. You should View Source to see what the output actually looks like. Using a validator might also help discover errors: http://validator.w3.org/

Archived