Center The Page And Horizontal Page Size

peterpachner

Can't find my way around for a little thing. I have dreamweaver and want to make me a little site www.worldhealthissues.eu . I would like make frames and to have a fix with of the webpages like the old Yahoo pages. What is the HTML instruction to center a page, and for example a 800 pixcel wide page. I type all kinds of search words like page width, page centering, page layout etc. in the w3school search field but can't find what I am looking for. I must be using the wrong language. Can you help me to get to the right place? Thanks and best regards

use the style="text-align: center" for the <body> and then contain your content within a <div> with the style="width: 800px; margin: 0 auto; position:relative"is that what you are looking for?

use the style="text-align: center" for the <body> and then contain your content within a <div> with the style="width: 800px; margin: 0 auto; position:relative"is that what you are looking for?
That is already something. I get a nice image in DW design mode but in my IE I am just having a blank page. Here is the code<html><head><title>index</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></head><bodystyle="text-align: center"<div style="width: 800px; margin: 0 auto; position:relative"><frameset rows="160,*" cols="80" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0" > <frame src="top.html" name="topFrame" noresize > <frameset rows="*" cols="130,500" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0"> <frame src="left.html" name="leftFrame" > <frame src="main.html" name="mainFrame" frameborder="no" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="80"> </frameset></frameset><noframes></noframes></body></html>

<bodystyle="text-align: center"><div style="width: 800px; margin: 0 auto; position:relative">you were missing the end of the body tag
Thanks, now it workes nicely, but it is still not centered like most pages. I have tried to create all new, copy from here and there. Just made it worse. The following code gives a good result except not centered. Any suggestion? Best regards<html><head><title>index</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></head><div style="text-align: center" /div><div style="width: 800px; margin: 0 auto; position:relative" /div><frameset rows="150,*" cols="80" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0" > <frame src="top.html" name="top" noresize scrolling="No"> <frameset rows="*" cols="130,500" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0"> <frame src="left.html" name="leftFrame" > <frame src="main.html" name="mainFrame" frameborder="no" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="80"> </frameset></frameset><noframes></noframes></html>

Archived