Getfile() And Getfolder() Functions Don't Work

pgscannel

I have a laptop with Win 2K PRO and IIS. The intranet sites I've setup as virtual directories work quite nicely. However, there is one problem that I cannot rectify.The getFile() and getFolder() methods of the Scripting.FileSystemObject do not ever return when called. No error, nothing. The only method that seems to work so far is the folderExists() method. I've done everything I can think of to include:1. Giving the user LAPTOP\IUSR_LAPTOP permission for read, write, and execute from within IIS2. Applying 'Web Sharing' and 'Sharing' on the folder path via Windows Explorer.I have never come across this problem before. Anyone have any insights?Thanks in advance,Jerry Scannell

The only kind of website I can have is either the Default one or a virtual one. So this is a Virtual one. I should point out that I have virtual websites on my desktop (XP Pro) that work fine.On my laptop, for some reason, there isn't a way for me to create a new website. I guessed that it is because I'm using Win 2k PRO and not Win 2K server, right?Paul

Archived