2 things

scott100

Why does codebox scroll off the width of the page, it's so annoyingLike this post: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...indpost&p=11453Also, on other forums when you make a post the website remembers what topics you have contributed to by marking them with a star or something, i find that handy because when you visit the site the next day you can quickly see what you've been involved with instead of searching for ages. A visual aid if you like :)

Why does codebox scroll off the width of the page
A little piece of text...scrolls off the right hand side -->A little piece of text...scrolls off the right hand side -->A little piece of text...scrolls off the right hand side -->A little piece of text...scrolls off the right hand side -->

my guess is that the CSS does not define a specific width for the codebox as it does for

Why does codebox scroll off the width of the page, it's so annoyingLike this post: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...indpost&p=11453

Does it? I've never seen that happen.http://www.home.no/jvelde/scrsht.PNGEither way, when it comes down to it, I'd much prefer scrolling a little horizontally than scrolling through 15 posts a page with

Does it? I've never seen that happen.http://www.home.no/jvelde/scrsht.PNGEither way, when it comes down to it, I'd much prefer scrolling a little horizontally than scrolling through 15 posts a page with

and long blocks of code that makes you have to scroll for ages.

This happens only in IE opera and FF are fine.

• 2 months later...

But the codebox has the advantage of scrolling, so a certain width would not be a pain, you would just be able to scroll don't you?Just like in the picture :)Only in IE it doest do that, what if you do specify the width? Or at least let somebody adjust it on this board? :)

Fortunately it is a very simple fix...add a width to the codebox class.Unfortunately none of us mods have the access to do that and Kajim is very busy and usually doesn't have time to do stuff like that.But we'll just have to wait and see if it makes it to the top of his to-do list :).

Also, on other forums when you make a post the website remembers what topics you have contributed to by marking them with a star or something, i find that handy because when you visit the site the next day you can quickly see what you've been involved with instead of searching for ages. A visual aid if you like :)

it does. ther is a little wwhite thing on the blue folders when you have posted there.LG

Thanks, didn't know that. I have seen that before but never picked up on it.Looking at the folder meanings at the bottom of the forum pages it's not listed, why is this? what else is missing that would be helpful to know?10wk4.jpgta

I don't know why it is not listed, but there are more markers not listed I don't know right now of. What you can recognise as your own posted topics or in which you have ever replied, is the little white angle at the marker picture, not sure you already knew :)

Speaking of codeboxen, how does one go about selecting all the text in a scrollable box? With a textfield I can right-click and select all, but with the codebox if I drag the highlight up or down instead of scrolling and highlighting it highlights what is above or below the box.

dur = parseFloat(dur);    // round duration    intpart = parseInt(dur);    floatpart = dur - intpart;    if (floatpart >= 0.1)    {      if (floatpart <= .51)        floatpart = .5;      else        floatpart = 1;    }    else      floatpart = 0;    dur = intpart + floatpart;    //if (dur > 24)    //  dur = 24;    // check for overlap    overlap = false;    tempdate = new Date(datey, datem-1, dated, 0, 0, 0, 0);    date1 = tempdate.valueOf();    tempdate = new Date(datey, datem-1, dated+1, 0, 0, 0, 0);    date2 = tempdate.valueOf() - 1;    sqlcon.open("SELECT * FROM schedule_events WHERE tech='" + sql_escstr(tech) + "' AND date>=" + date1 + " AND date<=" + date2);    sTime1 = dateobj.valueOf();    eTime1 = sTime1 + (dur * 3600000);    while (!sqlcon.eof)    {      tempdate = new Date(sqlcon.fields.item("date").value);      sTime2 = tempdate.valueOf();      eTime2 = sTime2 + (sqlcon.fields.item("length").value * 3600000);      if ((sTime1 == sTime2 || eTime1 == eTime2) ||          (sTime1 > sTime2 && sTime1 < eTime2) ||          (eTime1 > sTime2 && eTime1 < eTime2) ||          (sTime1 < sTime2 && eTime1 > sTime2) ||          (sTime1 < eTime2 && eTime1 > eTime2))        overlap = true;      sqlcon.movenext();    }    sqlcon.close();    if (overlap)      errorString += "schedule_overlap;";

*nevermind, I guess it copies everything anyway even though it doesn't show it