Logic In Tutorials

Guest achikoriaa

Guest achikoriaa

ive been reading the tutorials, i got to javascript lately but most examples arent explained logically, i mean, you tell us how to write a code for something but you dont tell us what can we use it for when building a website (if its in some later chapter, im sorry cause i didnt get there, but it should be in those examples already) like math in javascript, it should explain how can we use it in our website or something...dont take it offensive =P...thanks

The mindset of a programmer is supposed to be the one that finds ways to solve problems with the resources they're given.If you don't have that kind of mindset, you will have a lot of difficulty programming. You can possibly acquire that type of mindset.At the moment, rather than looking for uses for things you learnt, set yourself a project and see how you can get it done with what you know.

ive been reading the tutorials, i got to javascript lately but most examples arent explained logically, i mean, you tell us how to write a code for something but you dont tell us what can we use it for when building a website...
It sounds like you're missing some pieces of the puzzle, but don't know how to precisely express what you're missing, or maybe your expectations don't quite match with the way things are explained. I've had the same problem from time to time. This is much more common of a problem now that most of us are deeply into object-oriented design, with encapsulation and hyper-text documentation (reducing redundancy) making the docs very atomistic and providing little context.The best I can suggest is to read as much as you can on the subject, from different sources, and hope that the different approaches to explanation will fill in enough of the missing parts to get you started asking about the rest.Another thing to try is to study similar but competing approaches like Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby on Rails...People who learn a dozen or more programming languages tend to become more adept at all of them due to the conceptual overlaps, and less likelihood of being overwhelmed by the particulars.

Archived