Help With Sessions, Missing Something Simple

dosterk

I'm working on setting sessions to log people in using their username and password. I'm just having a problem getting the variables and the query to agree with one another. Here's what I have so far:

<?phpsession_start();$dbc = @mysql_connect('localhost', 'studentx', 'xx') or die('Could not connect to MySQL: ' . mysql_error());mysql_select_db("student7", $dbc);$_SESSION['name']=$name;$_SESSION['password']=$password;$query="SELECT * FROM cusinfo WHERE email='$name' and password='$password'";$result=mysql_query($query);$count=mysql_num_rows($result);if($count==1){session_register("name");session_register("password"); header("location:index.php");}else {echo "Wrong Username or Password";}?>

Where in the input field name for username on the sign in page is "name" and the password input name is "password". When I hard code a dummy email and password into that code, it works. So it must be a problem with it grabbing the text that is entered on the sign in page, correct? Thanks for the help guys, hopefully i'm missing something simple.

Archived