About This Community

fabs

Hai. we know together that w3schools is going to be larger and larger.in this thread you could share your experience , how could you find this website previous??and involved in that.for my self. i found www.w3schools.com in indonesian IT forum.my friend ask me to join this website if we would like to learn web based programming.How about you????

I first found w3's tutorial for html about 3 years ago in my sophomore year of highschool. I was planning ahead for my junior project. Anyways i didn't discover this place until this year when working on my senior project. I thought this place seemed pretty cool so decided I'll stick around even though my project took a much different turn than when I first came.That's it in a nut shell. I can really talk a lot. (or more accurately type a lot.)

I found w3schools because I was tired of reaching for the manual every time I wanted to look up some little detail. After a few searches, I noticed that w3schools was at the top of my Google results almost every time. So I bookmarked w3schools. Eventually I noticed a link to this forum.Because I am a professional educator, I knew a secret about life that many people don't get: if you really want to understand something, try teaching it to someone else.In 15 months or so, I have made over 2500 posts on this forum, and I have asked maybe 5 questions (and made maybe 100 jokes). The rest of time, I am am trying to teach somebody something. And my understanding of the web has DRASTICALLY increased.I also read a lot of posts made by people like justsomeguy, Synook, and some others. I do this every day. So now I know more than my manuals.

I found w3schools because...
Pretty much my exact experience. I was tired of lugging around a reference book and all my searches pointed to W3Schools. Finally, I joined the forum and started offering help to folks who needed it.

I started trying to put together a site a couple of years ago and quickly found the W3Schools site with it's many tutorials. I stupidly decided that frames were the way forward and spend about a week trying to get them to work. Failing in every attempt, I gave up. But last year my dad wanted a website made and along with my brother and a trial version of ExpressionWeb, we made one (www.drugtestingservices.co.uk). It was okay, and this year he wanted another for a different company. I DLed another trial of EW, and found it awkward in the extreme to do anything. I tried Dreamweaver and it was a little better, but it took ages to make even a bog standard site (www.jascott.co.uk). So I started messing with the code view and got things done a lot more quickly. So now I want to make a site for myself, and I'm trying to learn JavaScript and CSS before I design the site, so I know what I can and can't do. I found the forum after hitting a wall with a bit of JS and the guys here were incredibly helpful and knowledgable. I've been checking in every day since, and try to help where I can. Dad is right that teaching others really enhances your own learning.

Archived