I'm New With Php

richscom

Hi, i'm fairly new with PHP, and i tried to make a contact form, and when i run it on a server i get this: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/richscom/public_html/contact.php on line 87"This is the PHP script:<?php$to = "Blah@blah.com";$subject = $_POST["title"];$name = $_POST["name"]$message = $_POST["message"]; This is line 87$messagesent = "From: $name Message: $message";$from = $_POST["email"];$headers = "From: $from";mail($to,$subject,$messagesent,$headers);echo "Your message has been sent, thank you.";?>Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi, i'm fairly new with PHP, and i tried to make a contact form, and when i run it on a server i get this: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/richscom/public_html/contact.php on line 87"This is the PHP script:<?phplook here { $name = $_POST["name"] }you forgot ; at the end$message = $_POST["message"]; This is line 87?>Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. :)
look in the quoteyou may want to make a code before the sending of the e-mail to insure that there using a real e-mail.

If you haven't got it I'll make it clear, you need to add a semi-colon ";" at the end of line 86 ($name = $_POST["name']). What I've found is that sometimes the error might be on a line before the line that is given in the error message. I don't know how the error parsing etc works, but in general when you get an error, try looking at the line above as well.

Archived