Php Books

chibineku

I am slowly working my way through the languages needed to develop websites, and I want to move on to server side scripting. I was thinking of getting the PHP Bible, but there are several editions, some involving SQL and some Flash... Any thoughts? I like the JavaScript Bible, which is why that one seemed the obvious choice.

If I recall, that one is pretty technical, which is okay, I guess, if you need/want the tech side of things.Personally, I use several of the Larry Ullman books. What I like about them is that he uses real world examples instead of 'hypothetical' code samples, so you end up with usable scripts when you have completed the books.And he has a Support Forum for each book, too, so you can seek help on each samplefrom users that have the code working for them because most often the Forum members continue to use the Support Forum after they are done each book.

Php Books, What, if any, would you recommend?if you look for Php books that deals with building robust web applications in general.i recommend: Core Web Application Development with PHP and MySQL Core Series by Marc Wandschneider hope you like it... :)

Archived