New To Asp Email Cdo

gregd

The current script below is working fine, but when I try to add addition text to the body, I start getting errors. I want to add a couple of record sets to the body, can anyone help me?Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")myMail.Subject="New File Uploaded to Your Account: "&NameofFilemyMail.From="upload@national-color.com"myMail.To=(rsEmployee.Fields.Item("Email").Value)myMail.HTMLBody ="<html><p>This email was generated by national-color.com</p><br><p>The following file has been uploaded: "&NameofFilemyMail.Sendset myMail=nothing%>Text I want to add(rsClient.Fields.Item("FirstName") & (rsClient.Fields.Item("LastName") uploaded a file to your accountThis file is for job: (rsClient.Fields.Item("JobName")

You've got examples there of adding variables to your static text, what else do you need?myMail.Subject="New File Uploaded to Your Account: "&NameofFile"The following file has been uploaded: "&NameofFileYou use the & sign to join two strings together.

Thanks for your reply. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I know very basic HTML. I'm try to update our companies website that someone else did, but is no longer here. Anyways, every time I add anything after the "&NameofFile I get the error "Expected end of statement"This is how I would like the email to look that gets sent outThis email was generated by national-color.comThe following file has been uploaded: "&NameofFileThe file was uploaded by: (rsClient.Fields.Item("FirstName")The file is for job: (rsClient.Fields.Item("jobName")Using the current script below, would you be willing to add the above strings into the body of the email?Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")myMail.Subject="New File Uploaded to Your Account: "&NameofFilemyMail.From="upload@national-color.com"myMail.To=(rsEmployee.Fields.Item("Email").Value)myMail.HTMLBody ="<html><p>This email was generated by national-color.com</p><br><p>The following file has been uploaded: "&NameofFilemyMail.Sendset myMail=nothing%>

With VBscript, it's probably easiest to build the HTML text first and then assign it to HTMLBody for the email. That looks something like this:

bodytext = "<html><p>This email was generated by national-color.com</p><br><p>The following file has been uploaded: "&NameofFilebodytext = bodytext & "<br><br>The file was uploaded by: " & rsClient.Fields.Item("FirstName")bodytext = bodytext & "<br><br>The file is for job: " & rsClient.Fields.Item("jobName")Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")myMail.Subject="New File Uploaded to Your Account: "&NameofFilemyMail.From="upload@national-color.com"myMail.To=(rsEmployee.Fields.Item("Email").Value)myMail.HTMLBody = bodytextmyMail.Sendset myMail=nothing

Archived