Where Do I Start?

nutterz

Hey, I plan to make a browser based game (which has no graphics) and runs on turns. I have the ideas, I can do the lay out but I am unsure about what I am supposed to learn next. I know I need to know javascript, sql and php but im kind of on square 2 and unsure which one is 3. Can someone please give me some advice on what to do now?EDIT: Here are 2 examples of the kind of game I plan to make: www.gang-wars.com & www.pimpwar.com

You don't really need Java, you can do whatever you want for a game using Javascript alone. Java can do better graphics than you can probably accomplish with Javascript, or you could also use Flash for the interface. But you can do a lot with a Javascript library and some cleverness without needing to use something like Java or Flash.

Hey. if you understand HTML and CSS, the next logical step wouldt be JavaScript. its okay easy to learn, PHP and SQL would be overkill for such a project, try to make some simple apps with JavaScript first, like a income minus expences thing, but when you master JavaScript i say go for PHP and SQL.Print out the JavaScript quick reference, its very handy, http://www.hoomanb.com/cs/QuickRef/javascr...cheat_sheet.pngDont think about Java right now. its very much like programming in C/C++ the learning curve is very steep,

Archived