Print Problem

Guest graham1234

Guest graham1234

I am producing a print stylesheet for a site. When the content/text is longer than a page it puts the heading 1 and 2 on the first page and then content/text on a second page. :) The content is within its own div i.e. content and the h1 and h2 is above this. If the content/text is less than a page everything appears on 1 page :) I think its becuase its trying to fit all on the content div on 1 page and does not want to break the div? If anyone has any ideas how to resolve this I would be very happy.examples<h1>Heading One</h1><h2>Heading Two</h2><div id=content>blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah </div>

• 3 years later...
Guest FirefoxRocks

Which browser is this happening in? I have tried print preview on both Firefox and IE8, both will break wherever inside the <div> when necessary.What you describe happening is the result of the page-break-inside: avoid; CSS property value. If you didn't specify this in a stylesheet, it is a weird problem with your browser or printer.