Your Favorite Resources

casper3912

Theres alot of books out there. i bought 'ppk on javascript' and 'Dom scripting' awhile back and they were helpful. I imagine you all have bought a number of books and know a number of good resources what would be your suggestions on what to buy and what to stay away from?I specifically want to learn more about the following topics:CSSDom. general CGI scriptingcomputer science how to run and set up a server.mysql PHPTool Command language (TCL)javascript. xmli know javascript and dom the best out of the above list. In the fall i'm planning on attending school for computer engineering and minoring in business. If any of you know anything that might get me a head start in school over the summer i would appreciate that as well. also ever since i heard about 'algorithmic trading' i've been wanting to see what i could learn(and use) about that as well. (economics fascinates me)

Browse through the catalog at oreilly.com and check out their selection, the majority of books they offer are worth the money.

also ever since i heard about 'algorithmic trading' i've been wanting to see what i could learn(and use) about that as well. (economics fascinates me)
Careful, algorithms are useful but over-reliance causes a lot of problems.http://nymag.com/news/business/55687/

Archived