Free Web Hosting?

nutterz

Can anyone point me in the direction of a free web host that supports javascript and databases(optional)? I have been using cb.net to test out my layout, but now im up to learning javascript.I could just use my pc and test it all right out of the folder but I need my friend in canada to be able to test it and give me the creative critcism :)

Javascript is a client-side language. Its support depends on which browser that the user is using to view your page. Most browsers today use Javascript, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

Javascript is a client-side language. Its support depends on which browser that the user is using to view your page. Most browsers today use Javascript, so you shouldn't have any trouble.
The only problem I have is testing my work with a friend in another country, with cjb.net not supporting javascript I really need a new free host. Otherwise I wont know how my game works when 2 online players(accounts) are doing battle.

There are loads around go search on google and what ingolme said javascript is client-side it should not depend on which host you're using, unless you're host removes javascript from your document you shouldn't have problems.

So I have now signed up to and uploaded my website into at least 5 free web hosts, and all of them have failed me. I found one that seemed to be perfect but then it had restrictions to the size of the files I could upload Leaving me with half a web site, googling just isnt helping instead it is creating frustration form signing in and out and in and out of email adresses, uploading then testing (fail) over n over... Maybe its bed time.

If your game is based on Javascript alone, it is not going going to work as a multiplayer online game. Javascript is not capable of that.I don't think Javascript support is the problem, I think that your javascript program may have errors and is not working because of it.

A host can't "not support" JavaScript. I suppose they could block stop you from uploading .js files though, but you could technically name them .txt and they will still work, I belive.

If your game is based on Javascript alone, it is not going going to work as a multiplayer online game. Javascript is not capable of that.I don't think Javascript support is the problem, I think that your javascript program may have errors and is not working because of it.
No the game will be based on javascript, php, sql, html and css, but since i only understand html and css at the present the next step is learning javascript (at least thats hat I think the next step is).
A host can't "not support" JavaScript. I suppose they could block stop you from uploading .js files though, but you could technically name them .txt and they will still work, I belive.
Well with cjb.net the host I used the most for show my layout to others I found that my javascript date n time in my status bar wasnt there yet it was in my projects folder, also I havnt used an external js as of yet so it is just on each page of my site.But as for a free host I dont really need it anymore since I recieved my debit card in the mail today after waiting so long, so now I dont have to bug my friends for their debit/credit cards :)

Archived