Lost $_session

Obi1-Cannabis

Hi,i have this site for online hotel reservations witch is only for use by touristic operators.now i have 3 user complaining that they loose their session after performing a search and the clicking the link to see more information about one hotel.i can't reproduce this error anywhere and i've tryed in a few different computers and different browsers.does anyone have any idea for why is this happening to this 3 user and not for anyone else?what i can say more is:i have session_start(); at the beggining of every page and also i'm using session_write_close(); before any redirect (witch happen on login/logout).

When clicking on the links does a session ID appear at the end of the URL?If it doesn't, do these users have cookies enabled in their browser?EDIT:I was looking at the session_write_close() manual on php.net, and I found that there are sometimes problems with redirects using header().They say it can be solved by writing session_regenerate_id(true); right before the header function:

session_write_close();session_regenerate_id(true);header("Location: nextpage.php");

No, the session is not shown on the link but i've already asked about the cookies and they are on.And that also reminds me that i did a search on loosing the cookie with session id and beacuse of what i've found i already added headers for p3p privacy policy, because i thought that might be the problem, but the same still happens...

Ask about their environments and see if you can find anything they have in common. See if they're all using the same browser or the same OS or whatever, try to figure out anything they have in common that most other people don't and try to narrow it down.

Archived