Insertion Problem With Tinyint

son

I have a query which worked well. Now I inserted a new column of type tinyint(1) (name is int) and want to insert from web page a value of 1 into column (it is to distinguish later from which form the entry came). The query does not work and it complains exactly about this bit without any more info (also when I run it in PHPMyAdmin). The query is:

INSERT INTO users (first_name, last_name, company, telephone, address1, address2, address3, town, county, postcode, country, source, other, active, int, registration_date) VALUES ('Testy', 'Tester', 'Testeron', '058784545', 'Street Name', '', '', 'City', '', 'Postcode', 'Bahamas', '', 'Testing only', '', 1, 1242318616 )

What goes wrong with my insertion of int? Without it the query works without fault...Really do not get it...Son

"Int" is a reserved word in SQL, it's a column data type. It's like naming a column "select", or "insert". If you want to use a reserved word as a table or column name you need to enclose it in `backquotes` whenever you reference it.

Edited by justsomeguy

"Int" is a reserved word in SQL, it's a column data type. It's like naming a column "select", or "insert". If you want to use a reserved word as a table or column name you need to enclose it in `backquotes` whenever you reference it.
Cheers,Worked now...Son