I Have Some Questions On Errors? (

Guest jeffW

Guest jeffW

I have these error's with the W3 Validator and I was hoping someone could help me understand them? I am using Coda and it's Validator doesn't report any errors and honestly I can't seem to figure out what is wrong any help would be very appreciated or insights on what a parsing error could be? thanks jeffError Line 42, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: xmlParseEntityRef: no name…work as an architectural painter, interior painter, ..…# Error Line 61, Column 6: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: div line 54 and ul </ul>✉# Error Line 63, Column 6: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 23 and div</div>✉# Error Line 81, Column 7: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: html line 3 and body</body>

It means that you're closing tags that you haven't opened, or you aren't closing tags you've opened. For example, if you have ....<div><p>hi!</p> </body> the div tag isn't closed, that sort of thing. A lot of browsers let you open some tags without explicitly closing them, but if you want your code to validate, at least with a strict xtml doctype, you need to close everything.

Archived