Ie Renders My Site Slightly Different

gameboyz

Your page seems to be offset to the right by about 600 pixels in Firefox, and I can't seem to find your main stylesheet.Does your site have a fixed width of 1280 pixels? I'm getting a horizontal scroll bar.

Your page seems to be offset to the right by about 600 pixels in Firefox, and I can't seem to find your main stylesheet.Does your site have a fixed width of 1280 pixels? I'm getting a horizontal scroll bar.
Sorry maybe that's cuz of your resolution. It looks perfectly fine to me at 1680x1050. Okay I've added some code to make the whole thing center-aligned. Check it out again, you should see a diff.

1680x1050 is a really large screen. Most people still have 1024x768, like myself.The page looks fine now in Firefox. Hmm, about your Internet Explorer problem, I think this CSS might solve it:

#sidebar{margin-right: 570px;color:#bcbcbc;font-family:'Trebuchet MS',sans-serif;font-size:11px;padding-left:5px;margin-top:118px;}

1680x1050 is a really large screen. Most people still have 1024x768, like myself.The page looks fine now in Firefox. Hmm, about your Internet Explorer problem, I think this CSS might solve it:
#sidebar{margin-right: 570px;color:#bcbcbc;font-family:'Trebuchet MS',sans-serif;font-size:11px;padding-left:5px;margin-top:118px;}

So you mean use the If IE code?Edit: Your code didn't work :)

I've been looking through your page and been using DOM tree inspectors and other tools on your site, but I can't see the exact problem. It's most likely one of two things:

• #sidebar has a left padding
  • The <ol> element right under it, or one of its descendents, has a left margin.

But while I was lookig at your page, I noticed that you needed to have a top margin of 118px to prevent your content from covering the header. What is in your header that doesn't allow it to follow the flow of the page?

I've been looking through your page and been using DOM tree inspectors and other tools on your site, but I can't see the exact problem. It's most likely one of two things:
  • [*]#sidebar has a left padding[*]The <ol> element right under it, or one of its descendents, has a left margin.But while I was lookig at your page, I noticed that you needed to have a top margin of 118px to prevent your content from covering the header. What is in your header that doesn't allow it to follow the flow of the page?
118px is from the top of the page, without it the sidebar starts from the very top of the page instead of that spot where you see it now.Edit: In my stylesheet the ordered list (ol) has the properties: padding:0; Disabling this on Firebug (Firefox addon) makes the layout look EXACTLY like IE's (except for the white border on IE because of the if ie tags). I think this is the key to the problem, though I can't think how to fix it. Hope it helps the kind souls helping me :)

Archived