Stretch Div Height In Ie

Kenoriga

csshelp3.th.pngThe code given is only for the 3 dashed divs. How do you make such that the yellow div will fill the space between it and the blue div?
<div style="border:1 dashed green; position:absolute; top:0px; z-index:-1; width:196px; height:100%;"><div style="border:1 dashed yellow; position: static; width:196px; height:1px;"></div><div style="border:1 dashed blue; position:absolute; bottom:0px; width:196px; height:213px;"></div></div>

Hmm, laying out pages with absolute positioning is not a good idea. Often things will add scroll bars where they're not needed, and things aren't flexible.Your yellow bordered <div> has 1px height, it's not going to stretch further than that.You should lay out your page using float and margins.

Hmm, laying out pages with absolute positioning is not a good idea. Often things will add scroll bars where they're not needed, and things aren't flexible.Your yellow bordered <div> has 1px height, it's not going to stretch further than that.You should lay out your page using float and margins.
Whoops. I am sorry to have left out a few points.... The green div does not have a static/constant height. The blue div will always have a height of 213px and be placed at the bottom of the green div, while the yellow div will stretch like in my question.. I require the green div to overlap over the text. Currently, the text is in a div outside of the code given, and I used absolute positioning to make them overlap.. I used 100% height for the yellow bordered div, and it became as long as the green div. I tried using margin-bottom and padding-bottom, but they don't seem to set the dynamic height of the yellow div properly. :/Edit: solved using margin-top:-213px; and height:100%; for the yellow div! This only works for IE though. It then proceeds to screw FF up. Edited by Kenoriga