Sign in to follow this  
Darkness

Floating Divs

I have a floating div, similar to:<div style='float: left; margin: 3px; background-color: yellow; width: 80px; height: 80px;'></div>That displays a yellow block with the dimension 80x80.However, if I try to do something such as (which I want to be displayed under the first block:<div style='float: left; margin: 3px; background-color: yellow; width: 80px; height: 80px;'></div><br /><div style='float: left; margin: 3px; background-color: yellow; width: 80px; height: 80px;'></div>...The second block just moves down a bit, but stays to the right of the first block.Any way to resolve this?Thanks!

put this between the two blocks.<div style='clear: both'> </div>this is to stop the floating after the first div.

There is no need to add the non-semantic div in this case. Add clear:both to the CSS of the second div.(I assume there's a reason to be floating them in the first place? Like more page elements than you have shown? Because otherwise, the divs will end up where you want them even without the float property.)